Over the summer, I decided to invest in some better sports gear because I’m sick of ruining vest tops and joggers that I usually lounge around the house in.
Choosing sportswear can be difficult. There are so many brands and so many variations within each brand. The whole “Nike vs Adidas vs all other brands” always seems to stump people. I’m a Nike girl – but essentially, there is no “better” brand. You need to pick things that YOU like, things that YOU feel comfortable in and most importantly, something within your budget! So, without further ado, here are 5 of my favourite picks…
1. My all time favourite piece of sportswear are the Nike Free Run trainers. I have an older model of the Free Runs in a bright aqua green. They are super lightweight and are really comfortable. The sole of the shoe is split into blocks so that when you run the shoe can bend fully with your foot. They can be a bit pricey, but they are totally worth it if you’re willing to part with your money!
Interested? Who wouldn’t be?! They are a good value for money and there are so many variations -
2. Sweaty Betty (available in Selfridges) is another brand that I love – though I don’t own anything from there. I have been admiring the Bauhaus Seamless Ski Leggings for a while. They were designed for colder climates, so if you’re a ski buff then they are perfect.
Interested? They cost £49.00 BUT if I owned a pair of these (next payday maybe!), I would wear them to the gym, when exercising outdoors and even when doing yoga -
3. Okay ladies, this next piece is a serious steal! For £60 (sounds expensive right now, but wait…), you can buy an Adidas swimsuit designed by the legendary Stella McCartney!!! The cut of the swimsuit is super flattering on all body types due to the shape of the mesh panel and the positioning of the strap. And to make it even more desirable, swimsuits are all the rage at the moment! Who wants a bikini when you can look super stylish in this sexy one-piece?!
Interested? Of course you are… It’s a fair amount of money, but if you don’t enjoy the gym and swimming is more your forte, then I’d say it is a good investment… Oh, and make sure to check out the rest of her range for Adidas -
4. Want to buy a pair of leggings for the gym but can’t decide between two colours? Y-3 (available in Selfridges) has you covered! These reversible leggings are a little on the expensive side, but in a way, you are basically getting two pairs for the price of one!
Interested? So they may cost £115 but they are pretty snazzy and at least you’ll stand out if you go running at night -
5. Every woman needs a sports bra because let’s face it, running without one is painful! I personally LOVE this sports top with an attached sports bra from Under Arm. It comes in five different colours.
Interested? At £40, you’re basically saving yourself money, since the sports bras alone are around £20 and then the tops can cost £20+! It’s a steal!