Monday 13 January 2014

Golden Globe Awards - Best Dressed (according to me)

The Golden Globe Awards took place last night (Sunday 12 January 2014), and I have to say, there were some amazing outfits on the red carpet.

So before I get down to my favourite gowns, I just want to say that Amber Heard had a very Angelina Jolie at the 2012 Oscars moment last night... Though, I think Amber Heard somehow doesn't look as ridiculous at Jolie did! Despite the leg, I loved Heard's navy blue Atelier Versace gown and Jimmy Choo heels. She looked classy and edgy and it really worked.

Amber Heard @ Golden Globes 2014
Angelina Jolie @ Oscars 2012



























I was blown away by how incredible Amy Adams looked! She wore a beautiful red Valentino Couture gown. Low cut dresses can either look really trashy or wonderfully elegant and Adams definitely looked elegant. I loved the two tones of red on the dress and the simple long necklace she teamed it with. Her hair was detailed but simple and her makeup was so natural. She just looked incredible. What a fantastic outfit for her to wear to collect the award for best actress for her role in American Hustle (which I'm yet to watch but I WILL see as soon as I have the time).


Here's an odd one - I'm totally undecided on what Jennifer Lawrence wore! Her gown was from the autumn/winter 2013 collection by Dior Couture and she carried a Roger Vivier clutch. I usually love everything Lawrence wears but last night felt very Little Mermaid... All being said, she did pull it off well regardless of what I thought - though, I suppose she could make a bin bag look couture!

























Sorry for the bad images. It was hard to find that shot of Ariel!

Anyway, what do you think? Who looked incredible and who didn't look so great?

No comments:

Post a Comment