Friday 31 January 2014

The old me... WARNING: content WILL make you cringe!

A few years back, I went through what some people would call an "emo" or "scene-kid" phase. My hair was half white blonde and half black. I actually had a nickname of "badger" (or sometimes "cheddar" if I didn't put a toner on my roots - these videos prove that I was lazy with toners). I wore the same cat-eye style of makeup everyday (if I wore makeup at all, like in these videos) and I had the greatest capsule wardrobe... Sadly, all it consisted of was band t-shirts, skinny jeans and shorts with over-the-knee socks. My whole life revolved around music. I spent every single penny I earned on gigs and band merch.

Anyway, the other day, I was on YouTube and it crossed my mind that I once uploaded two videos! Covering my face with a pillow, I decided to watch them again. All I can say is: "C R I N G E!"

So I thought I would share with you the two videos that I put up. I hope you can laugh at me as much as I did - though I still don't know whether to laugh or cry at myself!!!




My music taste (still the same) was pretty vulgar to say I hadn't said a single swear word or anything even slightly rude, like "hell", until I started university. This isn't an exaggeration. I NEVER swore. Ever. People thought I was a freak for saying: "Oh, poo!"


I can safely say that I am far more precise when I sew and paint my nails nowadays! 


And please, let's appreciate the fact that my first #selfies went into the second video - I had always been too scared until then to take them!

No comments:

Post a Comment