Wednesday 5 March 2014

Estée Lauder product review

If you have read any of my previous posts, you may be aware that I have sensitive skin. The way I often buy products is to ask for a weeks worth of samples first so I can make sure that I won't react before parting with my money. 

But that's not quite how I bought these... 

*ahem* Impulsive splurge *ahem*

In this post, I'll be looking at three Estée Lauder products that I bought over Christmas.
Sorry for the scruffy background and the iPhone photography!



The first product I want to talk about (and my favourite of the three) is the Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II serum. I bought the 30ml bottle for £48 (50ml is £65 and 75ml is £78) from Boots. It's kind of expensive but it actually WORKS! I absolutely love this product! There has been a lot of research into anti-ageing products and also into how our skin and cells try to fix themselves over night. The Advanced Night Repair serum works with your skin's natural renewal process to reduce signs of ageing so you wake up looking as beautiful ever!

The product is fragrance free - which is possibly why I can use it without my skin flaring up. The serum still has a scent to it which smells quite perfume-y but it's a nice smell. Just to clarify for those who may not understand: "fragrance free" means that no scents have been added to the product to mask its natural smell... I didn't understand this for years.

Like I said above, my skin doesn't seem to react to this product. I'm not entirely sure why because I have unbelievably sensitive skin (I currently have bobbly cheeks because I slept in my foundation). Now, I'm not saying this will work for everyone with sensitive skin but I don't react at all to this! The label says it is suitable for all skin types. I've used it almost every night since I bought it over the Christmas holidays and, as you can see in the photo below, there is still LOADS in the bottle. You don't need much at all. It should be applied to clean skin before you moisturise. I apply it by popping a little blob on each of my four fingertips, lightly rubbing them with the fingers on my other hand and, starting at the centre of my forehead, lightly drawing round to my temples and down towards my mouth. I then put my fingers on my nose and sweep them out towards my ears. I'm not sure if this is the correct way to apply it but it works for me and I don't want to pull my skin too much. This should NOT be applied to the eye area. Your skin is 40% thinner around the eyes and this product contains some pretty strong chemicals. If you want a product for the eyes, Estée Lauder do have an eye version of this product. I have sampled the eye serum and it is lovely!

I know some people may think I'm a bit daft having a product like this when I'm only 19 and I don't have any permanent lines on my face. However, for me, prevention is better than cure! If I have a stressful day, I often get little faint lines on my forehead and this product makes me feel better and they are completely gone by the morning. 


The only reason I have the next two products is because they came free with the Advanced Night Repair! It was a limited time offer so I doubt you will be able to get the same deal I did. If I were to buy this product, I would have definitely sampled it first. Creams are my skin's arch nemesis! 

This is the Advanced Time Zone Age Reversing/Wrinkle Creme. Again, this product should NOT be applied to the eye area for the same reasons as above. Normally, this would cost £53 for 50ml. My tub is only 15ml, so it's a baby. I don't think you can buy this size. I think it was just available on the offer.

What I love about this product is that it is oil-free and has SPF 15. It's quite a luxurious and thick cream. It even smells expensive! Again, it's fragrance-free but it still smells like a lady's floral perfume! I usually don't like any scent in my products at all but this is quite a nice smell. The product claims to make you look younger in five days. Obviously, I'm probably a little too young to notice any difference on my skin right now. However, like the Advanced Night Repair serum, this does reduce any fine lines that I have. 

The science behind it: it contains something Estée Lauder call "Tri-HA Cell Signaling Complex". This helps skin boost its natural production of line-plumping hyaluronic acid.

It should be applied AM and PM after the Repair serum.

The problem? My skin isn't a fan of this product. I get a few rashes around my cheeks and chin after a couple of days use. I think I will give this to my mum since I can't use it. I know she loves her anti-ageing products and she never shops at Estée Lauder so this will be a new experience for her.


The final product I want to talk about is the Advanced Time Zone Age Reversing/Wrinkle Eye Creme. I am a bit of a novice when it comes to eye creams. This usually costs £38 for 15ml. Again, I got a dinky version since it came free. This is only 5ml. For me, that's quite a lot. It'll last me a while because you don't need much.

This product should be applied AM and PM after the Repair eye serum.

I love wrinkles around the eyes. I think it really gives a person character to see laughing lines. However, I'm still young and I don't want them just yet! I like this product a lot. It works. Another brilliant product. It reduces any lines that may have appeared during the day.

Surprisingly, this didn't give me any rashes but it did have a slight burning sensation. I probably won't use this often (a burning feeling can't be a good thing, can it?) but I think I will keep it.  



Estée Lauder really smashed it with these products. I would go as far as to say that the Advanced Night Repair serum is possibly the best product of its kind right now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment