Friday 21 March 2014

Watermelon Nails

I was recently inspired by my favourite emoji - the watermelon. 
I was rubbing my chipped orange nails clean and decided I wanted to have a pattern instead of a block colour. I have never been a nail expert. I don't own even one professional tool for nails. All I have are cocktails sticks and nail polish bottles. 

So despite the finished product being a heck of a mess, here is my WATERMELON design! 

[Insert watermelon emoji here]


For a quick step-by-step, see below. 

  • Red nail polish
  • Black nail polish
  • Light green/mint or white nail polish
  • Darker green nail polish
  • Base coat
  • Top coat
  • Cocktail stick
Start off with a base coat to protect your natural nail. Apply one to two coats of the red - I used one. Taking the light green or white nail polish, paint along the top curve of your nail, following the shape of the white tip, like a french manicure. Draw a slightly thinner line above that, leaving a small strip of the light green or white. Then, taking a cocktail stick dipped in the black polish, put the tip of it on your nail and slowly move it towards your hand until the pip is the size you want it. Repeat until you have enough pips. Finish it with a top coat to seal in your design.




No comments:

Post a Comment