My absolute favourite YouTube videos and blog posts are those which delve into the contents of a woman's handbag. I love seeing that I'm not the only one who carries 50 crumpled up receipts and a ridiculous amount of pens and pencils. So, I have decided to make my very own "What's in my bag?" blog post! Yay!
Luckily for me, I decided this morning to switch bags. I usually use a black Marc B slouch bag (which you can buy here for £49). It's my go-to black bag because it is pretty big and I love the leopard lining. However, today I swapped into my orange Topshop satchel (no receipts in this bag!). I bought it back in July 2013 so I can't remember the exact price, but I think it was about £39.
The photo quality is a bit rubbish because I don't have a proper camera and I'm having to use my iPhone 4S. In case anyone wants to know, I like to use the long strap to carry this bag. I always use the long straps on a bag. I find the short straps slip off my shoulders!
So here's what's inside...
As you can see, I never carry makeup. If you have read my blog post about my sensitive skin (which you can read here), you will know that I own a lot of makeup but I don't wear it during the day very often. I'd like to apologise to those of you who wanted to see my daily makeup collection - maybe I will do a "What's in my makeup bag?" post soon!
So, going anticlockwise from the top -
- Gok Wan spectacles (which I'm blind as a bat without) and a neon pink Topshop glasses case.
- My house keys on a Tiffany & Co keyring... Yes, I do have a crude keyring on there too - but that keyring has saved me from losing my keys TWICE.
- Two thin black bobbles and two hair grips.
- My back-up necklace from Topshop, just in case I fancied a change.
- My phone case (I had to use my iPhone to take photos).
- A tub of Carmex - my little life saver!
- A tube of Virasorb - always happy to have packed this in the event of a cold sore break out!
- My gym locker padlock and key. If I don't have it in my bag 24/7, I'll forget it!
- My purse of 4 years which started to break earlier this week *sob*
- Apple earphones which I like to keep in a little house so they won't break like the previous 100 pairs that I bought!
- Shorthand notepad - compulsory handbag accessory for any budding journalist!
- A black pen, green sparkly pen and a pencil. The pencil is for shorthand.
- Pencil sharpener with a woodland animals print.
- Odd Molly aviator sunglasses with case - yes, I carry sunglasses in Winter!
- Purple leather Filofax
- March 2014 issue of COMPANY magazine (I WILL work there one day!).
Sorry my handbag contents aren't that exciting... But here's a side shot of my Odd Molly sunnies:
Aren't the arms preeeetty?! The flash made the colours look a bit weird though.
Hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know what you think and if I should do a "What's in my makeup bag?" post!