Thursday 24 April 2014

Style Crush Thursday || #2

Second week of showing you guys who my current style inspiration is... But this time, I've changed the name to "Style Crush" instead of "Style Inspo".

This post was supposed to go up last week but apparently I can't work the "Schedule" button sooo...

 In fact, on Saturday, I had my photo taken for a local style competition in town. I looked a mess that day so I know I won't win but it was nice to be recognised! 

So this week, my style crush is...


Claire Boucher also known as Grimes!


If there is anyone that can walk around with randomly bleached hair, a fringe cut just a little too short and totally get away with it, it's Grimes. 


The 26-year-old Canadian is a producer, artist, musician, singer-songwriter and music video editor. Super talented, right? And her style is completely unique. We see girls everywhere adopting a similar grunge style with their hair, make-up and clothing - and it's a look I adore! But Boucher takes it to a whole new level.

I almost feel like someone has pulled her out of one of those retro polaroids on Tumblr.


Her music is not necessarily "grunge" though, despite her appearance. I can't quite put her in a bracket, which is something else I love about Boucher. Even her music is completely unique and a style which she likes to call "ADD music" as it shifts frequently and dramatically.


To me, Grimes' music is almost a pop experiment.


As you can probably tell, I love pretty much everything about her. 


And look.........


She was rocking black fingers way before Lorde!



Here is one of the popular songs by Grimes... Hope you enjoy and appreciate her talent (and of course, style!).


No comments:

Post a Comment